Monday, November 2, 2009

winning a battling pandemic

remember when you would spend all this time trying to get through to the local radio station just to win a t-shirt or something really great like a new cd?  

remember how you would dial and get the busy signal, but you just knew you would win so you would hang up and dial again just to get the busy signal again.  then repeat the process over and over again?

well i was an excited teenager once again this morning as dialed and dialed and dialed.   i knew i was going to win for sure.  it only took one half hour of my life and probably 200 of my cell phone minutes it get through, but finally someone picked up!!  

yes i am telling you i won!!!!

 the girl on the other line answered in a monotone, "health department." i was too giddy for her.  she informed me that on november 4 at 2:10 in the afternoon we will not have to worry about swine flu affecting the offspring anymore!!!

hopefully we do not aquire it before then.

3 comments:

The Geddes Family said...

Lucky! I have been trying like crazy and still have no appt.

EmWJ said...

I'm feeling better and better about getting them 3 weeks ago, before it got really crazy.

Laurel said...

YAY for you guys! I am still trying to get Paisley one. I am sure you feel like you won a prize.