Thursday, August 6, 2009
funny thing happened at swim
so funny thing happened to me at the kids swim lessons the other day. addy really has to warm up to the idea of swim lessons and it takes coaxing, persuading, and a little bribery to even get her into the pool. well i thought it would be a great idea if i took my shoes off and put her into the pool myself. little did i know how slippery the steps would be. i went right into the water with her in my arms. yes i was fully dressed. all i could think to say to the other parents and the swim teacher watching my graceful entrance was "well that was one way to get your child into the pool." what a fool i am. the worst part was that my cell phone was in my pocket and got ruined in the process. oh yeah and that i had to be at the church for enrichment night 10 minutes after this had all gone down. needless to say, i only had time to change my pants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That sounds like something that would happen to me!
I've dropped electronic items in water before (as have several co-workers, including phones). If you open it up and let it sit in the sun for several days, there's a good chance that it will still work. It's worth a shot, anyway. Good luck!
I was just going to say that Nate swears that you can let electronics dry out and they will work. I guess he beat me to it.
That is a funny story . . . maybe not at the time, but looking back.
thanks for the advice. i did open it up and let it dry out. it did work for a day or two but when the battery ran out, it would not come back on. oh well, jared has been wanting new phones for awhile now. it was funny. it is a good thing i can laugh at myself.
That is hilarious and something that I would probably do, except I wouldn't have had a funny recovery like you did. I am just not so quick witted, that makes me laugh though.
that is funny. I'm glad you can laugh at those crazy times. Love you!
Post a Comment