Tuesday, August 25, 2009

what a way to start the first day...

DISCLAIMER:  this post is long but i really needed to remember everything about this eventful day!!!

don't they look so cute.  braylie created that outfit from misc pieces i had bought her.  she really has an eye for style.  my little fashoinista.
oh how sweet.  look he really does love me.  now i have proof when he is not really feeling the love between us.
i love the hand in the side pocket.  my kids are using their old backpacks from two years ago.  we are having some respect issues around our house and they have to earn their new backpacks.

so if you can get an award for having the most eventful first day of school ever, i think our family would win.  my day started around 4:00 am when lily was wide awake in the middle of the night.   after a bottle of milk and some love she went back to bed just before kasen got up at 5:00.  he told jared that i told him he had to get up early to get ready for school.  jared left at 6:00 and i got the kids up just after 7:00.  

i took carpool to school at 8:15 and was so proud that we were on time.  my friend called me around 8:30 and asked what teacher kasen had.   apparently, i just dropped my child off at the school assuming that he knew where he was going even though he had only been to that class one other time.  no mother of the year award for me.  --wait it gets even better--

well i thought it would be fun to get addy together with a friend, so i called and set up a playdate for all of us at mickey-d's at 11:00.  i had to run to the school to pay for my other children's lunches so they could eat that day also.  we piled into the car and off we went for our fun day.

just before 11:00 we got to the school and i was trying to figure out how much i should pay while the girls were running around the cafeteria.  lily kept running out the door that was propped open to the outside.  addy kept rescuing her for me.  well it had been raining and the grass was wet so when addy came running back inside, she slipped on the vinyl floor and knocked her head.  i picked her up and she was quietly crying.  (if you know my addy, she is anything but quiet.)  she stopped crying and when i looked at her, her eyes were rolling into the back of her head and she fainted.  i started freaking out which made some people run to me and some people call 911.  she came to and just wanted to go home.  i was so distraught.  we got ourselves pulled together and started to leave.  just as i was getting her loaded into the car, the police showed up.  they wanted to know if i still wanted medical but i told them i was going to take her to the insta-care.  

we left and called jared (who scolded me for not waiting for the paramedics) then called my friend to rescedule.  i got to the insta-care then realized i did not have my wallet.  i had to go all the way home, got the wallet, and got the teddy bear and the "pinks".  we got into the insta-care, got checked in, and waited.  when they finally brought us back at 11:50, they told us that because she fainted, we had to go to the er.

so at 12:30 we arrived at the hospital.  waited in the er for an hour.  waited in the room for a another hour.  went to get a cat scan.  waited another hour.  we were starving because we missed lunch and i had not eaten anything all day.  500 dollars later, the doctor came in and gave us the a-okay to go.  we walked out of the hospital around 3:30.  i felt so bad that i was not home to see braylie and kasen on their first day of school.  (they were out at 1:10.)

we finally got home around 5:00 after picking the kids up, getting dinner, and running a couple of other errands.  we ate, had FHE (lesson on respect), went for a walk, did a little homework, had a treat, and went to bed.  i hope i NEVER have another day like that again.  too eventful for me.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow what a story! I'm glad everything is ok though. First days of school can be crazy, but I love it all the same. I hope the rest of the week goes better for you. :D

EmWJ said...

Oh I am so sorry! That can be so scary, and while I hate that you had to go through all that, I'm glad it turned out well. You definitely deserve a break, or chocolate, or both!

Malinda said...

I hope you never have another day like that either. I am super impressed that you still had family home evening! That should win you a mother of the year award even if you didn't walk Kasen to his class. :)

p.s. I LOVE the new family picture. Very nice!

Kalie said...

I was going to call you and see how your first day back went. I guess I wouldn't have been able to get a hold of you anyways. What a great story. love ya

Dawn said...

oh the memories. :( Isn't life so fun, or is it just your family? :)
Love you,

Laurel said...

I LOVE the picture on your blog of your family! I was exhausted and stressed reading about your day, I am glad Addy is okay and wish I could have been there to help you!

Veronica said...

Oh my! Laurel told me that Addy had hit her head, but I didn't know the details of your day. What a horrible scare. We all don't dare NOT have our children checked out when something like that happens. Hope all has settled down a bit! You are a GREAT mother!

Sherrie said...

You win for the best first day of school story!!! Glad it all turned out ok!!!! Your kids are adorable!!!! Hope you had a much better week than it started!!!! Love and miss you!!!!!