so i turned over to jared in bed the a couple of weeks ago and asked him if he can believe that we have been in this house almost as long as we were in our last house. he gave me a look like i was lying to him and then he started counting the years. he was in disbelief. i told him i thought it was because we have not done much around here to really make it our home. i think it still belongs to alberta roberts (previous owner).
front door

i know, it is a lovely shade of puke and isn't the doorknob just devine?

carport door
(you know if you park your trailer right next to your
carport then open the slide, it is just like having a garage?)
so a couple of weeks ago, i decided i needed a project that would keep me sane while jared went hunting. it needed to be on a small scale since i also had the giant task of writing and preparing the ward primary program. so i took one look at our doors and thought just the right coat of crazy paint would make me feel better. this is the result:

new front door

new front door with new beautiful hardware

new carport door
when i told jared i wanted to paint the doors green he was not happy. his mother had just painted her front door an avocado color and him and his brothers had been making fun of it for the last little while. he told me i couldn't use the green color because what would that look like to his brothers. i did it while he was gone and two weeks after i had finished it he told me that he really liked the color and thought they looked good.
7 comments:
oh, I like it. way to go Amity. I'm impressed with your motivation. I'm really glad the door knocker is down. :)
They look awesome. I love that color.
I am jealous. My doors need to be painted too.
Very cute! :)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the door! Great job and great idea to have a distraction during hunting!
It looks so good. So welcoming! I've been dying to paint my front door too...since I moved in over 5 years ago. LOL...
I like it, my question is this. Why are men so stubborn about home improvement projects that they swear will not be good, but then afterwards they can finally admit it and wonder why they didn't do it sooner? They have no faith in our skills, slow learners :)
Post a Comment