Wednesday, April 6, 2011

painted ceiling project preview

say that one three times fast.  i dare you.

here is a preview of the ceiling project that my dear sister and i took on last week during our "no screens week."  yes, i am a little crazy.  yes, jared still says he hates it and would love it if i repainted it.  he thinks it too busy.  my reply is: no way on earth!!  i love it!!  it is different and crazy and everything in between.  it is pretty much me.
 i had to take apart the ceiling fan and make a graph because the stripes weren't quite looking equal to me.
 this was fun.  when we got around to this area with the door i had to reconfigure all of my math and we had to re-chalk all of the lines.
 this is what your house tends to look like while you are in the middle of a crazy hair-brained project.  all of their furniture was in my front room, except their beds.
 i wanted to be able to put my sister's doll house back in the room that i have been using as a bookshelf.  but sadly, i don't think it is going to fit into the room.
 here is the finished product.  i haven't finished putting the fan back together because really i don't want it in the room anymore.
 another angle.
 braylie's friend was over one day and she was looking at the girls room.  she had a look of surprise on her face and i told her that people who hang a picture of a milk jug and cookie on their dining room wall do crazy things like paint stripes on the ceiling.  she just looked at me and smiled.  i think she is starting to see just how off the wall braylie's mom really can be.
 if you haven't see the milk jug and cookie, here they are.  it is just another one of those things jared would love me to get rid of.
oh, and i am in need of a new buffet since i moved the dresser that was posing as my buffet into the girl's room.  i love hunting for new furniture!!

p.s.  kalie this post is all for you!!

10 comments:

Claudy said...

I LOVE your crazy hair-brained projects!

Claudy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Just reading your blog makes me tired. ;). You seriously are super woman. I think the ceiling looks great! I would love to see it in person. And the milk cartoon is cool.

I think it's cook you did the no screen week. I think it would be harder on me than my kids. Glad it went so well. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to try it.

Celeste Ferguson said...

Love it! :)

Malinda said...

Wow! That is a high effort project. I can just imagine the sore muscles in your back/arms after all of that painting. It looks really cool!

Parry Family said...

I love it! I love it! I love it!

dcscrivy said...

Wow, I really love that! It turned out great! I have an idea for our house to put a wallpaper with an awesome print on my ceiling! I think it will be awesome, and I am reassured when I see your project! Good work!

behoxer said...

That ceiling is awesome! Oh, and the no screens idea is too. I could do the no tv thing, but I'm not sure about the no computer thing. I'm a little addicted. Way to go though!

Natalie said...

I really like the ceiling-very fun! You're so creative!

Laurel said...

I LOVE the ceiling and am so impressed with how creative and handy you are.